Thursday, November 29, 2012

Evento Cultural-Casablanca

I thoroughly enjoyed the movie Casablanca, and found its historical significance very interesting. First off, I thought it was interesting how people would get stuck waiting and waiting in Casablanca for a visa. I thought it was inspiring that people were willing to wait that long for a chance to make it to the new world in America through Lisbon. The quote of the woman at the beginning of the movie "Perhaps tomorrow we'll be on a plane." together with the look of hope in her eyes was particularly inspiring.

I also enjoyed the story between Rick (the American who runs a popular bar in town) and Ilsa. It was interesting how she came back into his life. He really didn't care about the women that came into his life at the beginning of the movie, but when Ilsa came back into his life he started to care for her again. When he found out why she left him in Paris years ago, he decides he wants to leave Casablanca with her again. I thought the story of them not leaving together in the end, and instead her leaving with her husband, was the best part of the movie. I liked the notion that they "will always have Paris." It was much different than a normal movie would end, but I loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment